Pepkor IT is a dynamic IT company that delivers value-driven IT solutions to the Pepkor group. Our work lives revolve around our DNA. We take pride in our work, treat our colleagues, partners and our country with respect. We exercise collaborative decision-making and believe in having a balance in life. We do this all while having fun and enjoying what we do.
The primary focus of this position is to evaluate the cloud readiness of legacy systems and planning, overseeing the migration of on-prem workloads to cloud providers (GCP, Azure and AWS).
- Experience in public cloud environment (GCP, Azure and AWS)
- Knowledge of cloud cost models
- Experience in migration of on-prem workloads to cloud
- Familiarity with industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements related to information security and cloud computing such as GDPR, ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance, NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, etc
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- The individual should have a passion for new emerging technology in the cloud space
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions
- Ability to perform research and document and communicate the findings of their research
- Excellent command of English
- Higher education
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Three (3) years of experience in cloud environments (GCP, Azure and AWS)
- 2+ years of progressive hands-on technical experience in cloud solution design and architecture
- Certifications in public cloud (level of architect)