The successful candidate will be responsible for IT equipment stock management (receiving/distribution) to both internal and external customers timeously and accurately.
- Check that new stock on arrival is complete as per purchase order and free of any damages.
- Receipt stock against open purchase order.
- Daily picking of IT equipment as per request. Verify that the picked units are for the request and for the correct unit prior to handover to technician/customer.
- Planning and scheduling the collection and delivery of goods to site with all listed suppliers/vendors.
- Packing and wrapping of the units.
- Warehouse inventory counts to be performed – including perpetual and annual.
- Continuously maintain the store inventory by ensuring all bins are properly marked and neatly packed.
- Any item returns to be binned immediately, after all procedures have been followed.
- General housekeeping of the storeroom should be done on a daily basis, ensuring that the room is clean and tidy.
- Continuously update stock system and ensure paperwork accuracy.
- Constantly monitor stock levels and inform of items to be re-ordered.
- Will be required to deliver parts to customers as and when the need arises.
- Other ad-hoc duties, for example filing of picking slips and purchase orders delivery notes.
- Maintaining hardcopy and electronic filing system.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Must be fully computer literate (Microsoft Office and G-Suite ideally).
- One or more year(s) experience coordinating shipments in a warehousing or distribution environment.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure, and within a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to handle detail oriented work to ensure proper items and quantities are picked to arrive at technician/customers in good condition.
- General fluency in English required, verbal and written.
- Agility to stand and walk for extended periods of time as a primary job responsibility.
- Capacity to lift and carry heavy items intermittently during a typical work shift.
- Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties.
- Must be accurate in their work.
- Must be technical minded and willing to learn.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.