Tier 1 Helpdesk Operator assists staff and provides basic application assistance of software and/or hardware support to remote stores. Support includes ensuring the ongoing usability of software/hardware in stores, high standards of customer services support to functional needs and the management of data integrity at stores.
- First line telephonic support to stores relating to hardware and software problems.
- Log all calls on call tracking system.
- Ensure all calls remain within the SLA of the company.
- Escalating of unresolved issues to Tier 2 group.
- Standby (after hours support) over a week period on a rotational basis based on a schedule.
- Continually upskill own knowledge of support products and solutions.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- IT qualification (A+ /N+ or a combination thereof) or an IT diploma.
- Must show initiative and 1 yr + experience in troubleshooting software issues.
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be able to work within a team and have excellent customer service experience.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of MS Windows and Call logging systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot hardware components and software incidents via thephone.
- Retail environment experience advantageous.